Harmony House CAC/SAC provides the following Services for child victims of abuse and adult victims of sexual assault:
- Immediate Crisis Intervention
- Forensic Interviews
- Forensic Medical Exams
(S.A.N.E – Sexual Assault Nurse Examinations)
- Professional Therapeutic Services
- Emotional Support for non-offending caregivers
- Case Management
- Victim Advocacy
- Criminal Justice Support-Court Preparation, Court Accompaniment
- Multidisciplinary reviews by teams of professionals
- Community Resource Referrals
- Structured Group Support and Programming
Non-Offending Caregiver Support Group
– meets monthly and assist the caretaker of the child abuse victim in gaining the needed support to find a sense of security and understanding from the abuse the family unit has endured. Participants talk about coping skills and support one another. This support group is facilitated by the Family Advocate. Prior registration is needed to attend. Please call (706) 245-8700 to register or for additional information.
Teen Sexual Assault Risk Reduction
– an educational group for teens that have been victims of sexual abuse. This is a six session group workshop that helps teens understand how their past victimization can put them at risk for being re-victimized in the future and how to prevent future victimization. Sessions guide teens through recognizing dangerous situations, making choices, understanding sexual assault, removing yourself from dangerous situations and knowing who good advisors are. This group meets two-three times a year and is used as a summer workshop for teens. Prior registration is necessary to attend. Please call (706) 245-8700 to register and to see when the next class begins.
Nurturing Parenting Program
– an innovative approach designed to provide comprehensive family based parenting skills. Parents and their children participate in a group based and/or home based classes taught by our facilitators. The Nurturing Families program is provided to clients with children in all age ranges. Each lesson plan is guided by the families need which they help to identify. Please call (706) 245-8700 to register or for additional information.
Darkness to Light Program
Harmony House provides community training utilizing the Stewards of Children, Darkness to Light training to empower the community to prevent child sexual abuse and raise awareness within the community. This training will teach community members the 5 Steps to Protecting Children. This is a very powerful training and will lead community members in bringing true behavioral changes in how child sexual abuse is addressed. Call (706) 245-8700 to bring this training to your community youth serving organizations, faith-based organizations, civic groups and businesses.
Watch short video below
Adult Sexual Assault Survivor Group
– meets monthly and assist survivors in healing and coping with the effects of the sexual assault. Victims gain strength from one another. Survivors will find this group to be a safe place to gain skills to help them move toward recovery. Prior registration is necessary to attend. Please call (706) 245-8700 to register or for additional information.